Inspection & Control Services, Ltd. (“ICS”) respects your preferences concerning the collection and use of your personal information. In order to provide you with relevant information, fulfill your specific requests, and enhance your experience across the www.icsinspections.com (website), we will at times collect information or request personal information from you.
This Policy describes what personal information we collect about you, how we collect that information on the website, via email or via phone call, how we use it, with whom we may share it, and what choices you may have. We are a global corporation, with operations in several countries and our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate as local practices or regulations may require.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES ICS COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
The information collected and how it is used will vary across the website, via email correspondence or via telephone calls.
- Website: Users can visit most areas of the website without revealing who they are, or providing any information about themselves. However, ICS may receive data from you as part of the communication itself– the standard electronic greeting between your computer, the network, and our servers. This information often consists of network routing (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), date, and time.
- Email: We may collect personal information from users when corresponding via email, e.g. when providing further details on our products.
- Telephone: We may collect personal information from users when corresponding via telephone calls, e.g. providing further details on our products.
Information provided by You
- Customer Identifiable Information: We collect personal information from users of the website, through online forms, in e-mails that users send us, or via telephone calls with users. Personal information may include name, title, company, address, phone number and e-mail addresses.
Information required by Law
- In certain circumstances, you must provide your personal information in compliance with a statutory requirement, a contractual requirement, or as necessary in order to enter into the contract with us. We will inform you where this is the case, at the time of collecting your personal information and the consequences of not providing the necessary information.
HOW DOES ICS USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
ICS may use the information in several ways, including:
- To engage in communications. Name, address and e-mail may be collected and stored as part of the enquiry. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information. We use this information to respond to inquiries about our products and services. We are permitted to carry out such processing on the basis that it is necessary in our legitimate interests, taking account of your rights and freedoms
- To better respond to requests for more details on our products and services. ICS will pass contact information to the appropriate ICS sales person or consultant for follow-up related to your request on the basis that it is necessary in our legitimate interests, taking account of your rights and freedoms.
DOES ICS SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH OTHERS?
We may share or disclose your personal information when necessary to our local sales team or consultants to provide more details on our products and services.
We have several data centers globally, however, we will transfer information provided by individuals to the appropriate ICS office or subsidiary offices, distributor, or consultant to deliver the service or information requested by the individual. This information may be made available to authorized ICS users and ICS subcontractors or service providers across our global offices that require access to the information for business purposes.
HOW DO I ACCESS AND MANAGE MY INFORMATION?
You have the right to access your personal information, and there are a number of ways in which you can also make choices about our collection and use of your personal information.
- Access to personal information: You can request access to your personal information which we hold about you by contacting us at [email protected] We will respond to requests to access your personal information within 30 days. We may charge a reasonable administrative fee if we think that your request is excessive, to help us cover the costs of locating the information you have requested.
- Correction of personal information: If you think that your personal information is inaccurate or needs to be updated, you have the right to amend this by contacting us at [email protected]
- Deletion of personal information: If you think that we shouldn’t be holding or processing your personal information any more, you may request that we delete it by contacting us at [email protected]
- Restricting our use of your personal information: You may also request that we stop processing your personal information (other than storing it), if: (i) you are verifying the accuracy of it; (ii) you believe the processing is against the law; (iii) you believe that we no longer need your information for the purposes identified in this policy or otherwise communicated to you, but you still need your information to establish or defend a legal claim; or (iv) you are verifying whether our legitimate grounds to process your personal information, override your own rights.
- Transferring your own personal information: If you wish to transfer your information to another organisation as data controller (and certain conditions are satisfied), you may ask us to do so, and we will send it directly if we have the technical means.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you previously gave us your consent (by a clear affirmative action) to allow us to process your personal information for a particular purpose, but you no longer wish to consent to us doing so, you can contact us to let us know that you withdraw that consent.
HOW DOES ICS PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
ICS has in place generally accepted information security techniques to prevent unauthorized access to information we collect. These measures include policies, procedures, firewalls, access control procedures and cryptography, and technical elements relating to data access controls.
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. This period will be 10 years from the original date of collection. When we no longer need your personal information, we will securely delete or destroy it.
ARE CHILDREN PERMITTED TO USE ICSINSPECTIONS.COM?
ICS does not intend for children under the age of 13 to provide personal information to ICS without a parent or guardian’s permission and do not knowingly collect personal information from children the age of 13 without such permission. If you believe that a child has submitted personally identifiable information through our website or via any other means, without appropriate permission, please contact us using the information below.
HOW CAN I CONTACT ICSINSPECTIONS.COM IF I NEED MORE INFORMATION?
If your complaint is not resolved by ICS to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the relevant supervisory authority in the EU, you can find the relevant details here http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
© Copyright 2018 ICS. All Rights Reserved.